Wednesday 22 February 2012

Kemi Vivacity speaks on why she is marrying a woman



Hi readers, I know it's early as our next fresh read shouldn't be till next week. I just couldn't resist discussing this topic of my marriage with you for another minute.

As my birthday draws near and I climb deeper into my 30's there is a question that's on my parents lips and of course the lips of many others. The question is when will she be getting married.

Since I've been married to the Vivacious cause for a few years now, I myself haven't really addressed the issue in much depth. But this time around I had an answers for them. The shocking revelation that I have found a life partner and I'm getting married to her immediately.

I've chosen to have and to hold her from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish;  until death do us part. I haven't ruled out the fact that I will also be marrying man soon too. But all my primary feelings are first towards this young woman. She is smart, God fearing, humble and of course in my eyes the epitome of beauty. I must agree that she has her short comings like we all do but she accepts constructive criticism and tries to change for the better.

I met her a very longtime ago but only truly fell in love with her recently. This was simply because she always hid behind a smoke screen of who the world wanted her to be. She would never be seen in public without high heels and her face mask.

The car she drove was her best friend and her status identification. The man on her arm was her definition. Shopping was her favourite past time and her walk in wardrobe: her favourite place. She was deep but shallow, simple but complicated.

I never had access to her. Every time I tried to get close she would shy away or reply me with that her permanent smile, she never seemed to be without. Every time I asked how she was she always replied "blessed".

But when I made that decision this year that I think I'm ready to spend the rest of my life and my Vivacious world with some one, I found the decision very tough. My life, my world, my everything with someone else. Hmmmmm.

I thought about all the suitors that had asked for my hand in marriage. I truly loved none of them. Why couldn't I love any of these men? What was missing? What was each of them lacking? No human being is ever truly complete but when a human being possesses all u want in a man and more, then what more could one want. Was I being too choosy? Was it lack of Godliness, money or looks? What could it be?

Then I realised that maybe the problem wasn't really with any of these gentlemen, maybe the problem was with me. I came to understand that unless I accepted and embraced this woman, I will never be able to truly love any man. I had to love her, I had to show her I love her, tell the world I love and embrace her with all my heart. I knew I did love her but maybe not enough. I had to take time way from the Vivacious cause to love her. I have done this and now I'm ready to sing from the roof tops.

Dearest reader I want to publicly declare my undying love for this wondrous, warrior of woman. Who never compromises her integrity and stands for what is right, even when all around her would rather she stood for wrong, or she didn't stand at all. I want to confess my love for Kemi Vivacity- me.

How u see the inside is how you see whatever is outside.
Love yourself- No one can love u more than you can love yourself.
Because the greatest love of all is easy to achieve.
 I've found the greatest love of all inside of me. 

Join me to celebrate:- http://tinyurl.com/72538v4

3 comments:

  1. happy 4 u..nothing like discoverg where ur passion lies....u may kiss d bride (or is it d groom? :D)..congratz is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did WH's death inspire ur last paragraph? nice to have fallen inlove with yourself...hmmmm, i was thinking differently, i had to be sure so i read the whole details. u got me

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a second there, I was like huh?! lol

    ReplyDelete